Recent Posts

Monday Night

Ah crap.
My day ate me alive again.
You know what I forgot to do?
EVERYTHING!
No delight, no 17 seconds, no hippopotamus (unless you count "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas..." which has been running through my head all day but I really think that's more shitty luck than it is a sign).

HOW DO I GET BETTER AT THIS?

Okay, delight:
I'm going to stretch. Right now. In this room. In Stevensville.
............
Mmmmmm...that was very nice. I'm having a hard time shutting off my mind and just being here. I keep sort of blacking out and then coming back in the middle of something - in this case, to feel my muscles stretching like rubberbands, tacky and hitching.

17 seconds? Hmmm...what do I LOVE that I've experienced in my life? Okay: we're going to try something different, because I've just tried on a bunch of ideas and my body liked flying best. Obviously, I don't have any superpowers. But what about the essence of flying could live in my mere mortal life?
F L Y I N G
Funny how my 17 seconds could technically count as my delight. :)

1 comments:

Phoenix said...

I love this post so incredibly much. I think there should be a motivational poster that just simply says, "What about the essence of flying could live in my mere mortal life?"

Brilliant. And I'm still convinced I can fly if I just want it badly enough. :)

Post a Comment